More Than a Build Tool
While other tools on the market are essentially only build tools with tedious workarounds to deploy or rollback, SyncRelease comes with a full suite of features to support you every step of the way for a full release management cycle.
Seeing is believing. Schedule a demo now to see SyncRelease in action!
Or read more below to see how SyncRelease can help you at every step.
- No manual work required to create a release branch. This frees up your scarce human resources
- Easily see outstanding changes since the last release
- Quality merge—easily see which changes passed or did not pass the build process before you include them in an upcoming release
Typically, with other existing tools, you must do this step manually by creating a release branch, merging, and so forth. This manual process can be error-prone and requires a dedicated human resource.
With SyncRelease, you can do all of this through an easy and intuitive web UI without having to do the manual task of creating a release branch or having to teach your valuable human resource how to do it.
Build & Quality Control
No Complex YAML or Shell Script to Learn
In SyncRelease, a build pipeline is basically a sequence of tasks configured to meet your specific needs. Each task is performed by available drag- and-drop worker plugins.
- No need to learn complex YAML configuration or shell script programming
- Easy drag-and-drop configuration
- Extensible worker plugin architecture for your various custom needs
Don't Get Lost in Build Log!
Do you ever get lost while reading long lines of build logs when the build fails or you are looking for some specific information?
We are here to help you! SyncRelease's build pipeline provides a detailed report of each task performed in your pipeline.
- Easy to understand and detailed report of each task performed
- Each task has a separate and specific build log
- Easily see which tasks take longer for performance improvements
Unit Test Gets First-Class Treatment
All the information about your unit tests in your build pipeline, such as detailed graphical output of test cases or code coverage, can be viewed conveniently in SyncRelease's build report.
- See immediately which test cases are failing and why with its code context and line numbers
- Easily see which files or classes need more code coverage
- No need to download or re-run the tests locally on your computer to see the HTML output
Run Your Build Inside a Docker Container
With SyncRelease's built-in support for running build pipelines in a Docker container, you have the freedom to have a fully customizable build environment for various programming languages or operating systems, depending on your project's needs.
- Flexibly run different programming languages or tech stacks for different projects in your organization
- Support NodeJs, PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, .NET Core, Golang, and many more!
- Fully customizable build environment
Out of the Box Support for Build Patterns
Common build patterns, such as running a build on pull request, are supported out of the box in SyncRelease to save your time and effort, without having to configure or install with a lengthy process of setup.
- Run build automatically every time when a new commit is pushed to targeted branches, such as master or trunk
- Run build automatically upon new or updated Pull Request on GitHub
- Run build automatically on your release tag to ensure quality code is ready for production
Just building and deploying to production is not always enough for a smooth software release. It often involves teamwork and coordination, such as release planning, dependency management for setting up prerequisites, backing up data, and so on.
To support such a crucial step, SyncRelease comes with a built-in and fully integrated Release Notes feature. This will tremendously help project managers and release managers easily keep things under control in one place.
Release Notes come to help
- Schedule and assign release notes to the release coordinator
- Seamlessly execute your release workflow in one place with SyncRelease—no manual work or separate JIRA ticket required
- Available automatic deployment at your desired scheduled date time
- Available automatic rollback if things go wrong
Bird-Eye View With Release Calendar
- Get the bird-eye view of all releases across your organization
- Get automatic notifications of projects overdue or due soon for releases
- Easily search and filter by project or release status
- Avoid unwanted surprises and reduce risk with better release planning for your team
- Get everyone in your team on the same page about when releases are going out for which projects
The available dependency management feature allows you to assign tasks to your team members to fulfill prerequisites for an upcoming release. This feature can also be used as a checklist for your regular release workflow.
- Never fail again at the time of release just because your team forgot to install ahead or backup data for required prerequisites or dependencies
- Clearly see and get notified about progress with required dependencies
- Easily coordinate with other teams if their projects need to go out first as a dependency for your project
Deploy with Ease
We created SyncRelease with a sharp focus on making your life easier with deployment of your code to anywhere on the cloud.
Easily Deploy in Many Ways
Out-of-the-box support for various types of deployment, without complex setups or installations.
- Secure and super-fast deployment using RSYNC algorithm over SSH
- Super-fast FTP deployment using RSYNC algorithm
- Secure FTP deployment over SCP
- Advanced custom deployment through a build pipeline to meet virtually any custom deployment needs
- See the history of deployments for any environment
Deploy to Multiple Servers with a Single Click
If you need to deploy to multiple servers, such as when multiple servers are behind a load balancer, you've come to the right place.
SyncRelease's deployment process comes with a simple built-in feature to easily deploy on multiple servers anywhere in the cloud.
Custom Scripts Before and After Deployment
Sometimes you may like to run some custom commands such as shell/bat/powershell commands before deployment or automated testing after deployment. For those needs, SyncRelease comes with:
- Run custom commands before/after deployment
Are you developing a new feature on a separate branch and want to roll out from that branch?
No problem! SyncRelease supports release rollout from any branch.
After deployment of your release, SyncRelease can help you verify the release in several different ways.
- Post-deployment check assignments to your team members through the Release Note feature
- Automated verification through a build pipeline for a custom deployment
- Automated verification through a custom script for post-deployment
Success or Rollback
In the last step of a release management cycle, SyncRelease can help you complete your release cycle smoothly.
- Automatic rollback to any point in history with the available Release Note feature when things go wrong
- Like a time machine, you can easily roll back with a single click to any point in release history if the release fails
- Automatic notification of successes or failures with your release to your team or release manager
Receive Notifications On Slack
SyncRelease comes with built-in support for Slack integration for optionally receiving the following:
- Notifications for build successes and failures
- Notifications on all events and changes of your release notes
- Notifications about tasks assigned to you for release coordination and verification